Our on-site restaurant, Cuvée at Chatham Inn, recently accepted the 2020 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. We are honored to be given this designation for a third year! With a wine bar featuring 32 fine wines by the glass, it can be difficult to decide what to select. That’s why our expert bar manager has curated the following list of personal recommendations perfect for wine tasting in Cape Cod. These tastefully selected favorites are sure to delight your taste buds and make your experience at our Chatham wine bar simply unforgettable!
The White List
- Antinori Tenuta Guado Al Tasso Vermentino from Bolgheri, Italy – Vermentino is the grape varietal and is produced by Marchesi Antinori, the same producer as the famed Super Tuscan, Tignanello. It’s a very food-friendly wine and is best served chilled on a hot day.
- ZD Chardonnay from Carneros, California – ZD makes great Chardonnays in general. It’s a go-to Chardonnay for guests that enjoy a little oak and are looking to taste something different.
- Cap Royal Bordeaux Blanc from Bordeaux, France – A 100% Sauvignon Blanc, this Bordeaux Blanc is one of my favorite everyday white wines. I think a lot of guests are hesitant to order it because they’ve never had it before. It’s light, crisp and delicious!
The Red List
- Numanthia, a Tempranillo from Toro, Spain – The wonderful aromas and layers in this wine just continue to evolve a blossom into something magnificent.
- Jean-Maurice Raffault Chinon Les Galuches, a Cabernet Franc from Chinon France – I think people often think of Cabernet Franc as being a very ‘masculine’ wine/grape. Cabernet Franc from Chinon is actually a lighter-bodied delicate red wine and can even be served chilled. It’s great for pairing with multiple dishes.
- Louis Latour, Gevrey-Chambertin from Burgundy, France – This is a great value for a classic Cotes-de-Nuits Pinot Noir. It’s often said that the greatest Pinot Noir comes from the Cotes de Nuits region in Burgundy, and I personally am a firm believer in this.
The Full Experience
We would be delighted to have you join us for dinner! Pair your delectable glass of wine with a delicious meal at our restaurant, where we serve fabulous dishes with the freshest ingredients. Then, treat yourselves to a relaxing overnight stay in a luxe guest room for the ultimate experience at Cape Cod’s only Relais & Châteaux hotel. Revel in blissful comfort and unwind from the stresses of everyday life with a simply beautiful backdrop. We look forward to warmly welcoming you to Chatham, Massachusetts soon.Book Now